Sunday, August 12, 2012

Santa Fe Trail - Dallas, TX

For whatever reason, I've been obsessed with the Santa Fe Trail since hearing about it a few months ago. I think the idea of a nature trail running through East Dallas (my favorite hipster haven) just sounded awesome. Oh, and it connects White Rock Lake with Deep Ellum you say? Well that's just downright badass.

I finally made it over today... it's good to have some free time after a busy semester. Let me just say - it exceeded my expectations. Big, beautiful, peaceful, and I only saw a little sliver. Here are some pics:

As mentioned in my previous post, I parked at Lindsley Park and walked over to the trail. From here I took the trail East, which then formed a 'V' and kind of looped back up toward White Rock Lake. It was a beautiful stretch. Both sides of the trail were walled-off by huge trees, shrubs, and wild greenery.

Cute signs

I loved this graffiti-encounter while curving North on the trail. Some artistic tags and some nice obscenities.

Love it.

It was an overcast evening, creating a great ambiance.